Thursday, December 18, 2014

White Elephant

SCOFFLAW has released their EP "White Elephant", and...its stunning. For me its a bit unbelievable. I'm late with this blog, because I didn't think that I could make words from what's in my head, and whats in my head is pure respect for these guys.
I dont know how they do it, honestly, but I hope they keep it up for a while.

I can't really disect their EP at the moment, because all of their new songs are remastered and perfect, so I'll do that another time. For now I'll tell a personal anectdote (boring right? I know i apoligize). In middle school my friends and I went to Johnny's Pizza and hung out and acted like the wild preteens we were, and every now and then I'll mention how much I miss Johnny's Pizza. It was THE spot...and my music library in my head  wasn't as broad as it is now. Back then i was going through a Rastafarian stage or something,  and my career goals were a psychologist or dancer with no intention of even going close to music unless it dealt with dance. But SCOFFLAW's music reminds me of Johnny's Pizza...

 I can't remember any specific types of music the restaurant played or artist they played, but I know they played some rock hits, because my buddy Irene was ALWAYS singing along, and out of all of my friends I think she was the person with the most music influence .

All of that being said, it sucks because I can't compare SCOFFLAW to any great rock artists that I heard at Johnny's, I can only say that their EP "White Elephant" takes me back. Back to Johnny's Pizza. Back middle school. Back to when I thought I was so cool.

Thank you SCOFFLAW.



 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment